Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Where have I been?

ok..so I'm assuming that this new version of blogger is merged with my old version? If not, my old blog's address is:
http://one-wild-and-precious-life.blogspot.com/ just in case you needed to bactrack...:)

Anywho....long time no talk. Yes, I've been busy with Bobby being in school. I have also been keeping myself busy reading and spending time with the family and scrapbooking. Since I last talked to you, I did a commissioned job for a baby book that ranged from conception-sweet sixteen for a baby that's not born yet.I was excited to work on a full album and one that happened to be for a girl but I realized, with delivery mishaps fro a month... 3 days was a crazy goal to accomplish this task...let's just say I literally worked for 26 hours straight and was awake for 32 hours straight in total because when I was finally done and ready for bed...my son woke up. Yes...from 9am Thursday to 11am Friday I worked and completed it and I didn't go to sleep til about 5pm, after my friend Ana came to pick it up. Unbeknownst to her, she thinks I had it done for a while now so...I'll just let her believe it...LOL. Anyway, I LOVED it and so did she! So excited and happy. She went on about how everyone would love it and how the sibling of the expected baby girl would want one too and how she just might have me do one for her when she got married. I really hope she truly liked it. I had hoped it was worth her hard earned $$ and apparently it looked like she loved it (which is what I stressed about the most because she left all design decisions up to me- only supplying me with the colors to use, the baby's name, and the time period to cover). It was funny because after I was done with it, after much encouragement from my dear hubby to keep on truckin', I told my hubby "Never Again" but after handing over the album and wishing it was mine....I wouldn't mind doing another one, just not in a 3 day period. It's good to know though that I could do something in such short time if need be though. LOL. The only thing is that it was done on December 8th and my back is still killing me.

ANywho...loving 2Peas lately. Somehow my mindset has changed and I've gone from self-pity, comparing myself to other scrapbookers to now loving my work. I go to 2peas, lurk and put stuff in my BOS (Book of Scraps) that inspire me and then suddenly, my mojo peeks out and says to me "get up! Let's work" LOVIN IT! I don't know if it's because I've redefined WHY I do it or if it's because of ageor knowledge (been reading alot of Don Miguel Ruiz lately), or because I don't THINK IT TO DEATH. I just get off the comp as soon as I get that creative tingle, shut off the comp, grab a pic that's been sitting on my desk and start scrapping. I've done 3 LO's in one day. One day? Only 3...some might ask. Let's just say I'm a spur-of-the-moment scrapper...I stand in front of my desk and let my creative urge guide my way so creating a LO takes me about 3+ hours each so usually if I'm done with one, I'm content and done for the day. SO for me to do 3 means my MOJO is running WILD!! LOL...so yeah...been scrapping with no expectations...nothing to prove to anyone...just documenting life..that's it (thanks Stacy Julian for ridding me of chrono-guilt and stacks of pics that need organization...oh and color-coding everything!!! Excited!)...even been dabbling a bit with mini albums and I've even rearranged my workspace. LOVIN IT!

I scrap for my son, mainly so that he will know about himself as a small child when he gets older and also how much of a devoted mom I was and am and how much I loved him every minute of his life. I also scrap so that he knows about our background and about our traditions. I also scrap for my hubby, in case he ever forgets how much I love him (which I hope he never does). I also do it to let him know what I love about our life together and what's important to me in my life. For this I document our lives. For me, scrapping is a peace of mind. A safety blanket...a time capsule of love and wisdom. It's a way for me to leave behind a piece of me that might be forgotten with time. To let my son know how much he was loved when I'm gone. To carry messages of life and love when I can't be there to do it anymore. It's a way to let my loved ones know how much they're loved by me, a way to document my cultural background and traditions to pass on and mainly, on my en,d a creative outlet that keeps me sane and HAPPY!!! And that's what I've been up to lately and why I haven't blogged. Hey, maybe, just maybe, I'll post new pics..LOL..I think I've figured this whole comp/pic upload thing out...LOL...until.....

1 comment:

Karla Dudley said...

Girl thais EXACTLY what scrapping is all about! For your Family!!! And I can't wait to see your son! You are soooooooo pretty and you know what they say about the apple that fell!

Girl, I am so glad I found your site. Hope we keep in touch! -Karla