Friday, December 15, 2006

"Ba Humbug:("

Good morning/afternoon...LOL. I just woke up and I'm so tired! Went to bed Crazy-late. Anywho, don't have much of a plan for today. Procrastinating big time with decorating our place for Christmas. Had alot of plans written on my list as far as decorating because I'm having family over for Christmas Eve but 10 days before Christmas and all I have done are the lights on the tree. Lights which happened to blow on the front, lower half of the tree. Hating the fact that I might have to go out and buy new lights and have the hubby restring it all over again...I think I just might just turn the tree around and face the unlit lower half of the tree towards the wall...LOL no one would notice it right? Ok, low budget but whatever. I plan to decorate my house in the Nordic tradition (love Swedish design...hence my obsession with IKEA...oh, and fun fact about me, I worked there for 4 years. Knew the store front and back even before I worked there. Even knew the prices of everything and the exact location of everything because, for years, I had treated the catalogs as my Bible...ok, i'm a geek but that's ok. LOL) Anyway, I'm planning to decorate with red and white, with homemade ornaments and such but haven't felt the urge to paint more than 4 of the wooden angels I bought at Michael's. Yes, serious holiday slump here. I think alot of it has to do with my health lately...oh and did I tell you the hubby has to go to work on Christmas Eve!!! When I'm having family over for Christmas for the first time since I've been married!! Of all days! But...I digress...That's another issue all together.

Around late Februaury I discovered a lump above my belly button. Was worried but didn't take it too seriously until it became real noticeable to me by touch and got a tiny bit sore. I finally went to the doctors and found out it was a hernia. Apparently it developed right after I started lifting weights at the gym and taking Yoga (which I love and miss....was great for my back and I became flexible again). The doctor believed that during preganany, my stomach muscle stretched out (obviously) so after I had my son, I had a weak spot in the stomach muscle wall and I probably strained while lifting weights causing a small part of my intestine to poke through the weak spot. Annoying to say the least. I had to stop going to the gym all together. Just when I was starting to notice a difference and feel like my young self again. Not to mention it was my hubby and I's unofficial date night. He was my personal trainer and all. Yes, my hubby's fit and all....LOL sexy man. Anywho, I didn't get a second opinion til August where I was told it definatley was a hernia and that I should get it fixed although it wasn't dire. Long story short, if I plan to get pregnant any time soon, I should get it fixed before I do so. So, I decided to get it fixed. My surgery is set for January the 2nd. Yes, right after New years..ughhh:( It's the first surgery set for the morning. I'm a bit worried about the surgery since I haven't been "under" since the 7th grade when I had surgery for a broken hip...worried about making it through alright.

Then....I just had my "woman" check-up...you woman out there know what that means...and told her that my hubby and I are concerned about not getting pregnant after the 1 year of trying so she ordered some tests and wants my hubby to come in for tests too. Never thought that it'd be this much of an issue with me now. Granted, we tried to get pregnant before for 6 months and when we gave up trying, we found out we were pregnant with Bobby but not this time. It's been a year now and still nothing. I'm giving the pregancy test companies out there alot of my business with buying tests every time I feel a "tingle" or my body's acting a bit weird. I don't know if I find out something's really wrong with me, if I'd try to whole invitro thing. I really want Bobby to have at least 1 sibling but invitro is soooo expensive and my hubby's the only one working and stuff...It was so cute when, before I got pregnant wth my son, my sister Cynthia told me she'd be a surrogate for me if I couldn't bear children...soooo sweet of her because she was serious about it but I don't know if she'd ever do it now. Her situation is different...not that I would really ask or expect it at all. It's a little sad for me because I really do want more children and I see how much Bobby loves to interact with children and all. And I absolutley love children...missing my teaching days as a daycare teacher as I speak. Sad when everyone around me is getting pregnant and I'm not. Even people who weren't planning to have anymore children are getting pregnant. PASS THE MOJO, I've been telling them. Strange but I feel really happy for them but at the same time, upset because it's not me sharing the happy news. Anywho, what I'm ultimately saying is that with all my doctor's appointments lately, Christmas is sadly taking a back seat...ok, not a back seat so much but a passenger seat..LOL. Anywho, let me go. Need to start the day. Just received a package from 2Peas...so excited. Haven't opened it yet but I'm guessing it's my MM paper...I'm obsessed with tiny polka dotted paper lately and I'm lovin the Vintage Hip line witht the green polka dots!!! Anyway, I wanted to talk a bit about a little "potential" addition to my little family but I'll save that for tomorrow. .. and no, it's not a baby...but take a guess...:) Later Gaters!

No comments: