Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wow...it's been a while since I last posted and alot's happened since...the biggest news is that we now have an 11 month old daughter named Madison, after trying for so long. She's a miracle baby cause we tried for 4 years and out of the blue, we get the news that I was 1 month pregnant (as opposed to having gallstones which they first thought at the hospital). Other news is that my son just completed kindergarten and will be going to 1st grade in September...wow...how time flies!

Well, I still scrap once in a blue moon and no, I haven't done Madison's baby book yet but, I have saved alot of her baby stuff from the hospital and since. I aslo have been recording details of her month-by-month onto her 1st year calendar and have been taking pics to eventually make one. I'm thinking on doing something more artistic with her book and my inspiration is Corey Moortgat who has done a beautiful job with her 2 sons' and her upcoming birth of her daughter's baby books. I also intend on making her baby photo album with pics(1,600 pics so far!!) printed into wallet-sized pics and placing it into our family scrapbook binder under her own section OR maybe in another 12x12 American Crafts binder of her own. So, as long as I keep up with her calendar and storing pics and memoribilia in one place, I won't feel guilty about not being "caught up"...something some of us scrapbookers struggle with. After all these years I've learned that what matters to me most are the details and pics so as long as I have those recorded, creating something artistic with it can wait for my mojo to re-appear.

Anywho, my new passion...yes, a new one, is miniatures! Have you seen what people can do with dollhouses and miniatures for them lately?! I was never for the Victorian-type dollhouses so I never really thought outside of the box enough to venture on my own designs but recently I stumbled upon Altera's Mini World , Mini Modern and Annina and after wiping my drool off my chin LMAO, I got hooked! So...I will be over at my new blog Littletown, USA, for the most part, and once in a while I'll come here for family updates and news....so please, come over and visit me in my new lil "studio". --Paula:)

No comments: